These easy vegan corn dogs are perfect for lunch, dinner, or snack time. The best part is, they are gluten-free and baked, NOT FRIED, but as tasty as ever!
- 3 veggie hot dogs
- ¾ cup fine-grain cornmeal
- ¾ cup fine-grain almond flour
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons lite coconut milk, from the can
- 2 tablespoons vegan tapioca flour (gluten-free)
- 1 teaspoon pHresh greens®
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt, add more if preferred
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 350 F/ 175 C
- Mix the cornmeal, pHresh greens®, almond flour, tapioca, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Make a little well in the middle and add the maple syrup, milk, and vinegar. Mix until everything is just mixed.
- Prepare the hot dogs by cutting each into 4 pieces. Get a small bowl of water for your fingers while you work.
- Place 12 small scoops of batter across a parchment-lined baking sheet, evenly spaced around the sheet.
- Using your fingers, pat down the scoop so it’s even and shapes it into an oval. Dip your fingers in water to avoid the batter sticking to them.
- Put one piece of veggie hot dog on top of each scoop. Then top with another scoop of batter.
- Using your fingers, dipped in water to prevent sticking, form the batter around the hot dog covering it up. You can smooth out the sides for aesthetics, but it isn’t necessary. There is just enough batter for the 12 pieces so do not overdo it or you won’t have enough. If this happens just take some from a piece that has too much and smooth that piece out.
- Bake for 28-30 Minutes, until browning on top.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!
Why Choose pHresh greens®?
- pHresh greens® has 16 raw ingredients:
- Organic Parsley powder, Organic Spirulina, Organic Wheatgrass whole leaf, Organic Oat grass whole leaf, Organic Barley grass whole leaf, Organic Alfalfa grass whole leaf, Organic Spinach, Organic Alfalfa sprout, Organic Collard powder, Organic Broccoli sprout powder, Organic Barley grass juice, Organic Oat grass juice, Organic Chlorella, Organic Wheatgrass juice, Organic Alfalfa grass juice, Organic Kale powder.
- These ingredients have been proven to boost your immune system because of their high alkalizing properties. Adding this superfood powder to your diet is definitely worth it!