This vegan chili is plant-based! So there’s no need to worry! This recipe uses walnuts instead of meat for a filling. It’s packed with tons of umami flavor, so you won’t miss the meat, and is perfect for your vegan diet!
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup walnuts
- 1 15oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15oz can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large white onion
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 jalapeno, roughly chopped
- 1 28oz can fire-roasted tomatoes (diced)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (must be gluten-free/vegan soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon pHresh Superblends
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- In a food processor or blender, pulse the walnuts until finely chopped.
- Add the garlic, jalapeno, tomatoes, and soy sauce to the food processor and pulse 5-10 times until chunky. It should look like a finely chopped salsa.
- In a large pot or dutch oven, add the olive oil and onion.
- Cook the onion over medium heat for 6-8 minutes until translucent.
- Add the tomato paste, pHresh Superblends, and cumin, then continue to cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the tomato mixture, black beans, and kidney beans and stir to combine.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally.
- If the chili gets too thick, add the water and continue to simmer.
Tip of the day: If you want to keep your energy high throughout the day, it’s best to consume pHresh Superblends. This beet powder provides your body with natural enzymes, nutrients, vitamins, and minerals that are beneficial to your health.