This choco zucchini muffin recipe is the perfect way to sneak in a serving of veggies or two. Keep reading to learn how to make these nutritious nibbles.
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted and cooled (plus more for greasing pan)
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 zucchini (10 ounces, 1 ½ cups), coarsely grated
- 1 cup pHresh Certified Organic Cacao Powder
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp sea salt
For the frosting
- ½ cup pHresh Certified Organic Cacao Powder
- 2 cups full-fat plain yogurt
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray non-stick 12 muffin tin with cooking spray or line with liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the wet ingredients. Stir to combine.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet mixture, and stir until smooth. The batter will resemble a cake-like batter consistency.
- Add the shredded zucchini, and fold it into the mixture.
- Divide batter into the prepared tin — you can use an ice cream scoop — and bake for 20 minutes, or until tops spring back to the touch or a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- While muffins are baking, prepare the frosting. Stir together the pHresh Certified Organic Cacao Powder, pure maple syrup, yogurt, and vanilla extract.
- Once the muffins are cooled, spread the frosting over the top of the muffins.
- To store, refrigerate in a glass airtight container for up to 4 days.
Prep Time: 25 minutes Cook Time: 55 minutes
Surely, not only your kids but also those who are kids at heart will love this scrumptious dessert when served! Don’t miss the best cacao powder nutrition!
With pHresh Certified Organic Cacao Powder, you can pamper yourself without being worried about your sugar intake!
pHresh Products has only the purest ingredients from the cleanest soil to hand-harvested, ethically sourced cacao beans from family-owned cooperatives providing the healthiest superfoods for you and your loved ones.