Making your own pizza gives you peace of mind since you can twist it — make it healthier! Here’s another way for you to make it nutritious and perfect for your family and friends!
- 3 medium beets, peeled and cubed, for dough
- 1 medium beet, peeled, for toppings
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1/2 cup crumbled plant-based cheese
- 1/2 cup vegan pesto
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon pHresh Superblends
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/2 pound asparagus
1. Place the prepared beets into a saucepan and add enough water just to cover them
2. Bring to a boil then reduce to medium-high heat and cook for twenty minutes, or until fork-tender. Use a slotted spoon to remove the beets from the water and put them into the jar of the blender. Add 1/4 cup of the boiling liquid to the jar with the beets, then blend until the beets are a smooth purée.
3. Mix 1/4 cup of the beet purée and 1/2 cup reserved beet water, and whisk to combine. (You can discard remaining beet water at this point, and any remaining beet purée can be stored in an airtight container.)
4. Fit the mixer with the dough hook. Place the flour, cane sugar, yeast, and pHresh Superblends into the mixing bowl, lock the head and place and turn the mixer on. Mix the dry ingredients for thirty seconds, then pour in the beet liquid. After about two minutes (as the dough begins to come together), add the olive oil and salt, and knead the dough for seven to eight minutes.
5. Form dough into a ball and place in a lightly oiled large bowl. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and allow the dough to rise at room temp until doubled in size (or place in the refrigerator and proof overnight).
6. Once proofed, gently pull the dough from the side of the bowl and knead gently into a ball, tucking the dough under to have a smooth surface. Place it on a lightly floured surface and cover with plastic wrap, then allow it to rise again for an hour (or until doubled in size).
7. Preheat the oven to 425°F/218°C.
8. While the dough is on second proof, prepare the toppings. Attach the spiralizer attachment to the stand mixer and select the medium-fine blade. Insert the beet according to spiralizing instructions, place a bowl under the machine to catch the spirals, and turn it on. Spread the spirals out on half of a sheet tray, and place the asparagus stalks and the cherry tomatoes on the other half of the sheet tray. Drizzle a bit of olive oil over all the veggies, slightly turn with your hands to evenly coat, then roast the tray in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes. Set aside.
9. Increase the temperature of the oven to 500°F/260°C, and set a pizza stone or sheet tray in the oven to preheat.
10. Place the proofed dough on a lightly floured surface and begin to press the dough into a circular shape and release any air that has developed.
11. Pick up the dough and, using your knuckles, stretch the dough until you reach the preferred thickness, using your pinky and thumbs to rotate and keep the shape uniform while you stretch.
(NOTE: the toppings are heavy on this pizza so don’t make the crust too thin.)
12. Set the dough back on the surface and gently stretch until you have an oval shape about 12 inches in length. Place the dough on a generously floured sheet tray or pizza peel to assemble.
13. Spoon a layer of pesto across the entire pizza, then layer the roasted asparagus and the cherry tomatoes. Quickly slide the pizza on top of the preheated stone or sheet tray and let it bake for nine to ten minutes, or until the crust is browning and bubbling. (It should slide off and transfer easily, but if it’s sticking, toss a bit more flour underneath until it slides.)
14. Remove the pizza from the oven and immediately top with a generous amount of feta cheese, the roasted spiralized beets, halved soft boiled eggs, feta cheese, arugula, and greens.
15. Finish with a drizzle of olive oil and flake salt. Slice and serve immediately.
pHresh Superblends offers an easy, nutritious way to enjoy a great tasting, real fruit & veggie juice, snacks, or smoothie any time of day. is the easiest and most convenient way to fuel your body with essential nutrients, vitamins, minerals, enzymes, fiber, and more. What are you waiting for? Try this recipe ASAP with your loved ones!