Are you a spice lover? This recipe is perfect for you! This delicious red lentil stew is made with spicy sauce and hearty chickpeas for a tasty, vegan soup that is full of flavor and plant-based protein! Here are what you need:
- 1 15oz can chickpeas
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup red lentils, rinsed
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1–2 tablespoon spicy vegan sauce (depending on how spicy you like it)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pHresh Superblends
- ***Cilantro, avocado, and/or tortilla chips for topping (optional - make sure the toppings are vegan)
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat for 30 seconds.
- Add the onion, carrots, and celery. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 8 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the tomato paste, pHresh Superblends, and spicy vegan sauce and stir until the vegetables are evenly coated.
- Add the lentils and vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until the lentils are softened.
- Use an immersion blender to blend the soup until slightly chunky. If you don’t have an immersion blender, carefully transfer the soup to a blender, allowing steam to escape through the event. Blend until slightly chunky.
- Return the soup to the pot and stir in the chickpeas. Continue to cook over medium-low heat until chickpeas are warm, about 5 minutes.
- Divide into bowls and add toppings, if desired.
Our pHresh Superblends is a superfood powder that is made with all certified organic Apples, Beets, Carrots, Lemon, Ginger, and Turmeric all grown in the USA. Each serving when prepared with water or ice is only 50 calories! Perfect for your diet!