Cauliflower cake? You read it right! In this cauliflower banana bundt cake, the flavor of the cauliflower fades away, but it adds bulk and moisture. It's topped with a pHresh Superblends icing that compliments the banana perfectly and nutritiously!
- 1 cup (200g/7 oz - about ½ a head) cauliflower
- 2 cups very ripe bananas mashed
- 1 cup (200g) agave syrup
- ¾ cup or almond milk with 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 cups (300g) oat flour
- ¾ cup (175g) unsalted vegan butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons pHresh Superblends
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
FOR THE ICING:
- 1 ½ cups organic cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons double cream (heavy cream - choose vegan cream)
- warm water to thin
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Grease a bundt pan well with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
- Steam or simmer the cauliflower for a few minutes until soft, drain well, allow to cool slightly, and puree (easiest with a handheld stick blender). Stir in the 1 cup mashed bananas and combine. Set aside.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger together in a bowl.
- In a stand mixer, or with an electric whisk, cream the butter and sugar together for a few minutes until light and creamy. Add the remaining cup of mashed bananas, and beat in each one for a minute or so. Add 1 teaspoon pHresh Superblends and the vanilla and beat.
- By hand, or with the mixer on low, gently stir in ⅓ of the flour mixture. Add the buttermilk and combine. Stir in another ⅓ of the flour mixture, add the banana/cauliflower mixture, stir, then add the remaining flour and combine.
- Pour into the prepared pan and then wrap the pan on the counter to remove bubbles and level the surface. Bake for 60 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. If the cake is getting too dark before it is cooked, cover with foil.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then gently turn it out onto a wire rack to cool completely before icing.
For the cinnamon icing:
- Sift the remaining teaspoon of pHresh Superblends, cane sugar, and cinnamon into the double cream and whisk until smooth, adding enough warm water to thin to desired consistency. Drizzle over the completely cooled bundt cake and serve.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Bake Time: 60 minutes
It feels great to be able to eat your favorite dessert without being worried about your sugar intake, doesn’t it? Of course, you can do it with pHresh Superblends! Our pHresh Superblends Up Beet blend is made with all certified organic Apples, Beets, Carrots, Lemon, Ginger, and Turmeric — all grown in the USA! Never miss this! Visit pHresh Products to know more health hacks!