These savory sweet potato waffles are made with just basic ingredients that you can buy anywhere. On top of that, they're 100% plant-based, vegan and satisfying. Just follow these simple steps!
- 1 sweet potato (about 1.5 cups peeled and grated)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 bowl mashed banana
- 1 lime (freshly squeezed)
- 1 tbsp pHresh greens® raw alkalizing superfood
- 2 tbsp buckwheat flour
- 2 green onions (finely diced)
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro (chopped)
- sea salt and pepper
- coconut oil cooking spray
- Preheat waffle iron. In a large bowl, stir together grated sweet potato, 1/2 bowl of mashed banana, flour, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Spray waffle iron generously with nonstick spray. Spoon one-half of the sweet potato mixture into the center of the waffle iron. Close the lid and cook for 5-8 minutes, or until the waffle begins to turn medium golden brown. Remove the waffle and repeat with the second half of the batter.
- While waffles cook, peel and pit avocado. Mash together with diced green onions, remaining mashed banana, pHresh greens, and lime juice. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle with hot sauce, if desired. Best for spicy lovers!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
These waffles are nutrient-packed! Want to know why? Adding pHresh greens® raw alkalizing superfood is the culprit! pHresh greens® raw alkalizing superfood is the most convenient and efficient way to get your 3 to 4 servings of vegetables every day. It’s a superfood powder that consists of 16 nutrient-dense, raw vegetables, cereal grasses, and algae that were carefully selected for their highly alkalizing properties. To know more about this green superfood powder, visit pHresh Products.