This stew is a one-pot dish that’s packed with healthy veggies and grains! Enjoy leftovers throughout the week or freeze for up to a month. Savor the tasty and nutritious superfood greens powder — pHresh greens® in this recipe!
- 24 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 lb Yukon gold potatoes, chopped into 1” pieces
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 3 large kale leaves, destemmed and chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp. thyme
- 1/2 tsp. Oregano
- 2 tsps. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. pHresh greens® raw alkalizing superfood
- 1 cup pearled barley
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Rock Salt to taste
- Add the olive oil to a large dutch oven or pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion, carrots, and celery and cook for 8 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic, and tomato paste and continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Add the barley, diced tomatoes, potatoes, vegetable broth, thyme, and oregano, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30-40 minutes until barley is tender and potatoes are softened.
- In the last few minutes of cooking, add the kale leaves, and pHresh greens® raw alkalizing superfood, and stir until softened.
- Add lemon juice and salt to taste.