This creamy pasta isn’t the usual pasta you can see in the restaurants, it’s VEGAN and DAIRY-FREE! Made with a comforting dairy-free sauce, this creamy pasta is as easy as it is delicious. Less than 10 ingredients + 30 minutes to make. Try it now!
Here’s what you need:
- ½ cup raw cashews, soaked***
- zest and 2 tablespoons juice of 1 lemon
- 8 ounces whole-grain pasta
- 1 ½ tbsp. pHresh greens® raw alkalizing superfood
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup minced shallot
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt, plus more to taste
- fresh ground black pepper and crushed red pepper for serving, optional
- Transfer soaked and drained cashews to a blender along with 1/2 cup water, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 ½ tbsp. pHresh greens® and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Blend on high until smooth and creamy then set aside.
- Cook the pasta as directed in salted water. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water during the straining process.
- While the pasta cooks, warm the olive oil over medium-low heat in a large pot or skillet. Sauté shallot for 3 minutes, until translucent. Add the spinach and garlic then continue to cook for another 3 minutes or so, just until spinach starts to wilt. Stir in the cashew cream and reserved pasta water then bring to a low simmer.
- To the pot, add the cooked pasta and lemon zest. Stir until pasta is evenly coated with the sauce. Add salt, fresh ground pepper, and crushed red pepper to taste. Serve warm and enjoy!
***To soak cashews, place them in a bowl covered with water by several inches and allow them to sit for 6-8 hours, or overnight. For a quick soak, cover them with boiling water for 30 minutes. Drain and rinse before using in the recipe.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Here’s What You Need To Know About pHresh Greens:
The ingredients found in pHresh greens® raw alkalizing superfood
provide vitamins and nutrients as nature intended, but it goes beyond just
that. pHresh greens® also delivers naturally occurring cofactors and
synergistic compounds by utilizing concentrates and juices instead of extracts
To know more about this green powder, visit pHresh Products!