Are you an eggplant or tomato lover? Try this creamy roasted eggplant and ripe tomatoes recipe! They come together for an irresistible and creamy soup that’s secretly vegan and gluten-free!
- 2 tbsp. pHresh greens® raw alkalizing superfood
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 medium-size eggplant, diced into 1” cubes
- 5 large tomatoes, cored and diced
- 1 yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 and 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt, plus more to taste
- fresh ground black pepper and crushed red pepper for serving, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and then line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Fill a small saucepan with 2 cups of water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Remove from heat, add the cashews and allow to soak for at least 30 minutes.
- Divide the eggplant, tomatoes, onion, and garlic among the baking sheets then pour half of the olive oil on each and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Use a spoon to stir the vegetables until they are evenly coated in oil. Then, add 2 tbsp. pHresh greens® raw alkalizing superfood and mix until blended well. Transfer the baking sheets to the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until the eggplant is very tender. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Once the vegetables have cooled down, transfer them to a blender. Drain the cashews then add them to the blender as well along with the vegetable broth, tamari, and herbs. Blend on high until smooth.
- Reheat the soup on the stovetop or in the microwave before serving. Garnish with chopped cashews and fresh herbs and enjoy!