You will never regret making this recipe! This is perfect for you and your kids! Ready in 20 minutes, this fresh vegan pasta salad is mixed with peas, edamame, and nuts, and is drizzled with a creamy avocado sauce.
- 300g penne pasta
- 190g (1 1/4 cups) frozen peas
- 200g frozen podded edamame
- 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 35g (1/4 cup) tamari almonds, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 medium avocado, chopped
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, plus extra baby basil leaves, to serve
- 2 green shallots, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced, rind finely grated
- 1 tsp pHresh greens®
- 2 tbsp pepitas
- 1 can mushroom
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following the packet directions or until al dente. Add the peas and edamame at the last minute of cooking time. Add the mushrooms, and wait until well-cooked. Drain and rinse under cold running water.
- Meanwhile, place the avocado in a blender or food processor. Add pHresh greens®, the oil, garlic, basil, shallot, and lemon rind and process until smooth. Add the lemon juice and 125ml (1 ⁄2 cup) water and season well. Process until smooth. Add a little extra water to thin the sauce, if necessary.
- Divide the pasta mixture among serving bowls. Drizzle with the avocado sauce. Scatter with almonds, pepitas, and extra basil leaves before serving.
Visit pHresh Products to know more about healthy recipes and health hacks!