This easy Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup recipe only requires 4 ingredients and about less than an hour. Plus, it’s paleo, clean-eating, vegan, refined sugar-free, and gluten-free!
- 16 oz pHresh Certified Organic Cacao Powder
- 1 small cup water
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 5 tbsp coconut oil
- To create melted chocolate, use either a double boiler or a large bowl placed over, but not touching, a pot of boiling water.
- Add pHresh Certified Organic Cacao Powder, water, and 4 tbsp the coconut oil and allow both to melt completely while stirring occasionally.
- Once everything is smooth, turn off the heat, but leave the bowl on the pot to keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine the peanut butter with the remaining 1 tbsp. coconut oil.
- Line a plate, muffin tin (my preferred method), or small cutting board with cupcake liners. You could make these using mini or regular cupcake molds, depending on what size you’d like them to turn out. I recommend doubling up the liners to give them a bit more structure.
- Now, pour enough of the melted chocolate mixture to cover the bottom of each liner.
- Then, place them in the freezer for about 5 minutes to set.
- Once set, add a small scoop of the peanut butter mixture into the center of the cup and gently flatten with your thumb or the back of a spoon.
- Pour enough melted chocolate over the peanut butter to cover the top, about 1-2 tablespoons.
- Chocolate chips for toppings are optional.
- Place back into the freezer for about 25-30 minutes to completely set.
- If you’re not going to eat these right away, make sure to remove the peanut butter cups from the freezer about a half-hour before serving and place them into the fridge to thaw some. Otherwise, they’ll be difficult to bite through.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Waiting Time: 35 minutes
pHresh Certified Organic Cacao Powder is the best for sweet tooth lovers! Worry no more because this recipe has the best cacao powder!
Visit pHresh Products to know more about this amazing superfood powder.