These Dark Chocolate Covered Coconut Bites are so easy, no-bake, and will disappear super fast from your fridge! Enjoy these healthy bites without worrying about your sugar level!
- 2 cups unsweetened flaked coconut
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp plus 1 tsp. coconut oil divided
- 3 cups pHresh Certified Organic Cacao Powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Add 2 cups of flaked coconut to the bowl of a food processor. Make sure the coconut is unsweetened.
- Turn the food processor on and allow to run for a good 3-5 minutes, until the coconut starts to look crumbly and some moisture started to be released. You almost want the consistency of a rough flour.
- Remove the coconut and add to a mixing bowl.
- Add honey, 2 tbsp. coconut oil, and vanilla extract, and stir to combine.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Take about a tablespoon of the coconut mixture and squeeze it into a small ball in your hands. You may need to work with it and make sure it’s good and packed together so it stays in a ball and using a few drops of water to wet your hands will help keep the coconut from sticking.
- Once it’s nicely formed into a ball, place it on your parchment paper-lined tray and repeat with the remaining coconut. You should have about 15-20 balls.
- Place into the fridge for about 10-15 minutes or until the coconut oil has solidified.
- While waiting on the coconut oil to harden, melt the dark chocolate for dipping by setting up either a double boiler or a large bowl placed over, but not touching, a pot of boiling water.
- Add the Cacao Powder and the remaining 1/2 tsp. of the coconut oil and let both melt completely while stirring occasionally.
- Once everything is smooth, turn off the heat, but leave the bowl on the pot to keep warm.
- Now, one coconut bite at a time, drop into the melted chocolate, and toss around using a spoon or fork until it’s completely covered in the dark chocolate.
- Then, transfer back to the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining bites and then return to the fridge for another 15-20 minutes to let the chocolate harden.
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes
If you're a fan of dark chocolate, we believe
you'll fall in love with our all-natural
superfood Cacao Powder.
Each scoop contains an energy-boosting, mood-enhancing source of antioxidant
flavonoids, amino acids, protein, zinc, potassium, magnesium, iron, copper, and
fiber. You can expect a rich blend of chocolate with just a tablespoon of our
To know more about pHresh Certified Organic Cacao Powder, see pHresh Products!