Meatless pasta sauce is easy to make and perfect for everyday cooking. This delicious sauce uses mushrooms for a hearty texture that is completely vegetarian! This freezer-friendly sauce is delicious on your favorite pasta. Learn how to make this creamy sauce with no meat!
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pHresh Superblends
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 8 oz cremini or button mushrooms
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat for 30 seconds.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add onion and cook for 5 minutes until the onion is translucent.
- Add tomato paste and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add garlic, oregano, and crushed red peppers and continue to cook for 30 seconds.
- Stir in tomatoes and broth bring to a simmer.
- Add pHresh Superblends.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- For a smoother sauce, use an immersion blender to gently blend the sauce until it’s the desired thickness.
- Prepare your pasta and be ready to dig in!
Do you want to know the easiest and most convenient way to fuel your body with essential nutrients, vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and fiber? Well, try our superfood powder — pHresh Superblends!pHresh Superblends is packed with beets, carrots, apples, turmeric, ginger, and lemon! Each serving when prepared with water or ice is only 50 calories. You don’t need to worry about putting on some weight! Grab it now!