Surely, your kids would love this creamy beet-blend soup! This is perfect for both kids and kids at heart!
- 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow Spanish onion (~1.5 cups), chopped roughly
- 3 cups pHresh Superblends
- 6 cups water or vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed, freshly ground
- 2 teaspoons cumin seed, freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground + more to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt + more to taste
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 2 tablespoons cashew butter
- 2 cups full fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (~1 lime) + more to squeeze over the top as you like
- Handful chopped cilantro, to garnish
- Set a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and chopped onions and cook until the onions start to brown and become translucent, stirring occasionally.
- Add pHresh Superblends water or vegetable stock, apple cider vinegar, garlic, ground coriander, ground cumin, black pepper, and salt.
- Cover the pot and bring it to a low boil. Cut off the heat and add the hemp hearts, cashew butter, coconut milk, and lime juice. Use an immersion blender on high to blend the soup until smooth and creamy.
- Blend the soup in batches in a high-powered blender until smooth. Taste and adjust salt/pepper as you like.
- To serve, add the soup to your bowls and garnish with chopped cilantro, pink peppercorns, more hemp hearts, and a drizzle of coconut milk, if preferred.
- Serve hot with lime wedges on the side for squeezing over the top as you like. This soup is great with a side of black rice, wild rice, or ghee-roasted cauliflower pieces!
Prep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 20 minutes