Easy homemade healthy chocolate eggnog ice cream without an ice cream maker and with no refined sugar!
- 4 cups whole milk (or milk of choice)
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup pHresh Certified Organic Cacao Powder
- 2/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp whole cloves
- In a blender, add the milk, pHresh Certified Organic Cacao Powder, egg yolks, pure maple syrup, ground nutmeg, and ground cinnamon, and then blend for a minute until smooth.
- Pour this mixture into a saucepan or deep pot, and then add the whole cloves, and heat over medium heat.
- Cook the chocolate eggnog for about 8-10 minutes until it starts to thicken and slowly cook the eggs. It will be frothy at first. (We want the mixture to get hot, but not to simmer or boil. If it gets close to boiling, you can temporarily remove it from the heat.)
- Strain the mixture using a fine-mesh strainer to remove the cloves and any other bits. You can stir in the vanilla extract at this time.
- Pour the strained mixture into a 9x5 loaf pan, and freeze until thick and creamy, like soft-serve ice cream, about 6-8 hours.
- When ready to serve, remove from freezer and let soften for about 10 minutes.
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Waiting Time: 6-8 hours
Never miss this yummy and nutritious raw cacao powder recipe! For more recipes, visit pHresh Products.