These Choco-Caramel Bars are 7 layers of delicious, unrefined sweet goodness and one rich sweet treat.
For the Almond Crust
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2 1/2 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, softened
For the Choco 7 Layer Bars
- 1/2 cup raw macadamia nuts, chopped.
- 1 cup pHresh Certified Organic Cacao Powder
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup raw almonds, chopped.
For the Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. almond butter
- 1/4 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
For the Condensed Coconut Milk
- ●1 13.5 oz. can coconut milk, at room temperature
- ●1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- Start by preheating your oven to 350°F and lining a square baking dish with parchment paper and then set it aside.
- For our first layer, we will be making an almond meal crust.
- In a large bowl, add the almond flour, pHresh Certified Organic Cacao Powder, pure maple syrup, and softened coconut oil. Mix all to create a dough that holds together when pressed.
- Press this dough evenly into the bottom of the casserole dish using your hands or a spoon.
- Then, place this into the oven and bake until it’s lightly golden brown, about 14-16 mins.
- Then, remove from the oven and add a layer of chopped macadamia nuts over top. Lightly press the macadamia nuts into the almond meal crust.
- Over the macadamia layer, add the unsweetened coconut flakes.
- Then, add a layer of dark chocolate chips.
- To make the salted caramel sauce, in a saucepan over medium heat, combine coconut oil and pure maple syrup, and stir together.
- Once heated through, add almond butter, and then whisk together until smooth.
- Remove from heat, then add in the vanilla extract and sea salt.
- Drizzle a layer of our salted caramel sauce over the layer of dark chocolate morsels.
- Then, top that with a layer of chopped almonds.
- To make the homemade condensed coconut milk, in a saucepan over medium-high heat, and whisk together coconut milk and some pure maple syrup.
- Bring this mixture to a low boil, stirring frequently, then, turn the heat to medium and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring frequently. The sauce will reduce by half.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and allow it to slightly cool.
- Pour 1 cup of this sweetened coconut milk as evenly as possible over the top of the bars, and then gently move the pan around until the mixture begins to sink between the layers.
- Place this into the oven and bake until the sides are lightly golden brown, and the top is bubbly and melted for about 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool to room temperature. Then, chill or freeze until completely solid.
- When ready to eat, slice into squares and enjoy.
Prep Time: 40 minutes Cook Time: 45 minutes
If you like chocolate, then you’ll love our pHresh Certified Organic Cacao Powder! It delights the senses and tantalizes the taste buds, unlike any other cacao powder. It is 100% organic, raw, gluten-free, non-GMO and non-alkalized with rich, bold taste and has all of the nutritionally abundant properties.
Indulge yourself without any guilt! This organic cacao powder will save you from your sweet cravings!